Microblading is it worth it?
In this article we’ve included the most comprehensive information available about microblading. It’s undeniable that microblading has become the biggest trend in the beauty industry and chances are you know someone who has had it done. Microblading is a procedure that enhances your eyebrows by adding hair-like strokes to make them look fuller and beautifully shaped but the true question is, is it worth it?
In this article you will learn:
- What exactly is microblading?
- Who is a good candidate?
- Pros and cons of microblading
- Pricing. What you should consider.
- Is it worth it?
What exactly is microblading?
Microblading is a cutting edge method of permanent makeup designed to enhance the eyebrows. It involves a certified and licensed microblading artist using a hand held tool with a very fine needle grouping to draw individual hairs, creating the illusion of full and perfectly shaped beautiful eyebrows. The strokes are created and a special pigment is placed in the area to create a hair-like look.
Who is a good candidate for microblading?
Most people are candidates for some sort of permanent cosmetics procedure. To qualify as a candidate for microblading, the client should have skin that is in good health to be tattooed. Typically, best results are found when the skin is strong and not extremely sensitive. If you have oily skin or have large pores, it may be best to go with a powder brow which is another technique. Make sure your artist knows how to perform both.
Pros and Cons of microblading
Let’s start with the pros:
- Have beautifully brows that look natural 24/7
- No longer need to fill them in every day
- Create a nice brow shape that frames your face
- Requires touch ups – they do fade over time
- Finding a good artist takes time and research (but is very important)
Microblading is not cheap and it shouldn’t be. So if you find a good deal, please be careful. The procedure can cost anywhere from $500 – $1500. There are a few things to take into consideration when thinking about pricing.
- An experienced artist – If you want to go to a really good artist, it is likely that there will be some sort of waitlist to get in. A good microblading artist is usually booked out. Their education and experience level should be taken into account. You are paying for the artist’s time and talent.
- Location – In bigger cities you should expect to pay a bit more than in rural areas. The quality of the location should be taken into consideration.
- Quality of tools and pigments – This is a BIG one that people don’t always take into consideration. Microblading tools are very expensive, so if you want an artist who uses top quality tools, the pricing is going to reflect that. If the price is too good to be true, you can almost bet that they are cutting corners somewhere.
The result – Is it worth it?
Is having perfect brows 24/7 worth it? Yes, it is! Just make sure you select a good artist! You will be saving TIME and money on brow products, so it does pay for itself over time. Drawing on your brows every day is a hassle and it’s very difficult to make them look the same – microblading solves that problem.