*Please call Auburn Board of Health to check for additional requirements such as apprenticeships.*
Auburn Board of Health: (508) 832-7703
At a minimum, training for practitioners should include:
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training: Must include infectious disease control, waste disposal, hand washing techniques, sterilization equipment operations along with methods and sanitization, and disinfection & sterilization methods and techniques.
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR.
- Examples of courses approved by the Health Department
- “Preventing Disease Transmission” (American Red Cross) and “Bloodborne Pathogen Training” (U.S. OSHA).
- –Training or courses provided by professional body art organizations or associations, or by equipment manufacturers may also be submitted for approval.
- Transcripts and a course description proving completion of a course(s) or examination on anatomy or proof of an equivalent combination of training.
- Proof of training in the exact disciplines you intend to practice at an establishment.