*Please call Braintree Board of Health to check for where to apply*
Braintree Board of Health: 781-794-8090
- Board may consider certifications, experience, or training acquired in other states that regulate body art.
At a minimum, training for practitioners should include:
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training: Must include infectious disease control, waste disposal, hand washing techniques, sterilization equipment operations along with methods and sanitization, and disinfection & sterilization methods and techniques.
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR.
- Examples of courses approved by the Health Department
- – “Preventing Disease Transmission” (American Red Cross) and “Bloodborne Pathogen Training” (U.S. OSHA).
- –Training or courses provided by professional body art organizations or associations, or by equipment manufacturers may also be submitted for approval.
- The applicant shall submit evidence satisfactory to the Board of at least two years actual experience in the practice of performing the specific types of body art activity for which the applicant seeks a body art practitioner permit, whether such experience was obtained within or outside of the Commonwealth.
- Applicants must submit evidence of at least 2 years experience in the practice of performing body art activities of the same type that they are applying for a permit to perform (Two Year Apprenticeship).
- May consist of one year experience outside or within the Commonwealth, one year being in the position of an Apprentice.
- May consist of 2 consecutive years of satisfactory apprenticeship program experience within the town.