- Is eighteen years of age or older
- Has successfully completed, within the three years prior to submitting an application, a course on prevention of disease transmission and blood-borne pathogens that complies with the standards adopted by the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), that requires the successful completion of a proficiency examination as part of such course.
- Holds current certification by the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association in basic first aid.
- Form verifying completion of two thousand (2,000) hours of practical training and experience (APPRENTICESHIP) under the personal supervision and instruction of a tattoo technician; OR
- Form verifying five years of continuous practice of tattooing in this state prior to January 1, 2015.