- The Board may consider experience, training and/or certification acquired in other states that regulate body art.
- Bloodborne pathogen training program (or equivalent) which includes infectious disease control; waste disposal; hand washing techniques; sterilization equipment operation and methods; and sanitization, disinfection and sterilization methods and techniques;
- Examples of courses approved by the Board include “Preventing Disease Transmission” (American Red Cross) and “Bloodborne Pathogen Training” (U.S. OSHA).
- Training/courses provided by professional body art organizations or associations or by equipment manufacturers may also be submitted to the Board for approval;
- Current certification in Basic First Aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) American Red Cross
- For all applicants not currently holding a valid Body Art Practitioner’s permit in the City of East Longmeadow, applicant shall submit evidence satisfactory to the Board of at least three years of actual experience and proof of uninterrupted licensure in the practice of performing body art activities of the kind for which the applicant seeks a body art practitioner permit to perform, whether such experience was obtained within or outside of the Commonwealth.
- Applicants without 3 years experience must complete an apprenticeship
*PLEASE NOTE: Please contact the East Longmeadow Board of Health to check length requirement of apprenticeship if applicant does not possess 3 years experience requirement.*
- If a practitioner has practiced in a State that does not license individual practitioners, the applicant must submit evidence satisfactory to the Board of both uninterrupted practice and expertise in the body art activities for which they are applying.