*Application not listed. Please contact the Foxborough Board of Health for Body Art Permit Application.*
Foxborough Board of Health: (508) 543-1207
- The Board may consider experience, training and/or certification acquired in other states that regulate body art.
- Bloodborne pathogen training program (or equivalent) which includes infectious disease control; waste disposal; hand washing techniques; sterilization equipment operation and methods; and sanitization, disinfection and sterilization methods and techniques;
- Examples of courses approved by the Board include “Preventing Disease Transmission” (American Red Cross) and “Bloodborne Pathogen Training” (U.S. OSHA).
- Training/courses provided by professional body art organizations or associations or by equipment manufacturers may also be submitted to the Board for approval;
- Current certification in Basic First Aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) American Red Cross
- Applicants must complete a course on anatomy and physiology with a grade of C or better at a college accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, or comparable accrediting entity. This course must include instruction on the system of the integumentary system (skin). Such other courses or programs as the Board of Health shall deem appropriate and acceptable may be substituted for the anatomy course.
- Evidence of at least 2 years actual experience in the practice of performing Body Art activities of the kind of which the applicant seeks a License to perform. Experience may be obtained within or outside the Commonwealth.
- If the applicant does not have at least 2 years actual experience, apprenticeship may be required. (2 year apprenticeship = 2,400 hours)
*PLEASE NOTE: Check with the Foxborough Board of Health for Apprenticeship Requirements if you do not possess 2 years actual experience.*