*PLEASE NOTE: Harvard does not their license requirements posted. These are the requirements from Boston. Please contact the Harvard Board of Health to confirm these requriements.
Harvard Board of Health: (978) 456-4106
At a minimum, training for practitioners should include:
- Blood borne Pathogen training program which includes infectious disease control; waste disposal; hand washing techniques; sterilization equipment operation and methods; and sanitation, disinfection and sterilization methods and techniques.
- Successful completion of a course on Prevention of Disease Transmission and Blood Borne Pathogens taught by an instructor trained and sufficiently knowledgeable to teach this OSHA course.
- Current certification in American Red Cross Basic First Aid or its equivalent and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation.
- Evidence satisfactory to the Commission of actual experience in the practice of performing body art activities of the kind for which the applicant seeks a Body Art Practitioner license to perform, whether such experience was obtained within or outside of the Commonwealth (IF APPLICANT HAS NO ACTUAL EXPERIENCE, APPRENTICESHIP IS REQUIRED).
- Certification indicating completion of a 100-hour course accredited by the American Academy of Micropigmentation (AAM) or the Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professions (SPCP) including hands-on practice of at least 3 complete procedures (two eyebrows is a single procedure) on living clients and
- Signed letter from a body art practitioner licensed in Massachusetts (including a copy of that artist’s license) stating that the applicant has completed at least 200 hours of apprenticeship including 30 hours observing procedures being performed and performing at least 50 complete supervised procedures on clients.