*Note: These are the model requirements for Massachusetts towns. Please call the Holliston Board of Health prior to starting to check for any additional requirements & where to find the application*
Holliston Board of Health: 508-429-0605
- In reviewing an application for a practitioner permit, the Board may consider experience, training and/or certification acquired in other states that regulate body art.
- Training for all practitioners shall be approved by the Board and, at a minimum, shall include the following:
- Bloodborne pathogen training program (or equivalent) which includes infectious disease control; waste disposal; handwashing techniques; sterilization equipment operation and methods; and sanitization, disinfection and sterilization methods and techniques;
- First Aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Examples of courses approved by the Board include “Preventing Disease Transmission” (American Red Cross) and “Bloodborne Pathogen Training” (U.S. OSHA). Training/courses provided by professional body art organizations or associations or by equipment manufacturers may also be submitted to the Board for approval.
- The applicant for a tattoo practitioner permit shall provide documentation, acceptable to the Board, that s/he completed a course on skin diseases, disorders and conditions, including diabetes, or completed an examination on skin diseases, disorders and conditions, including diabetes, or possesses a combination of training and experience deemed acceptable to the Board.
*AS NOTED ABOVE: Please call the Board of Health to check what their requirements are as they are not listed online. An apprenticeship may be required.*