Ref. Section 131-10
*PLEASE NOTE: These are the requirements for Springfield. Please contact the Holyoke Board of Health to confirm requirements.*
Holyoke Board of Health: (413) 322-5595
https://www.holyoke.org/boh-permits-fees/ (“Art Practitioner Application”)
At a minimum, training and requirements for practitioners should include:
- While reviewing the application, the HHS may consider certifications, experience, or training acquired in other states that regulate body art.
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training Program or equivalent which must include infectious disease control, waste disposal, hand washing techniques, sterilization equipment operations and methods; and sanitation, disinfection, & sterilization methods and techniques.
- CPR/First Aid Training must be current and up to date, otherwise the applicants must receive training & a certification of proof.
- Examples of courses that are approved by the HHS include: Preventing Disease Transmission (American Red Cross), Bloodborne Pathogen Training (U.S. OSHA), and CPR/First Aid Training (American Red Cross).
- Other trainings or courses through professional body art organizations or associations or by equipment manufacturers may also be submitted for approval.
- The applicant must provide documentation of proof of a completed Anatomy course, examination of anatomy, or have an equivalent combination of training and experience that is acceptable by the HHS.
- The applicant must provide documentation of proof of a completed course on skin diseases, disorders, and conditions (including diabetes), or must possess a combination of training that is acceptable to the HHS.