- Basic training in First Aid and advanced CPR as well as proof of attendance at required renewal courses.
- Completion of a course on Prevention of Disease Transmission and Blood borne Pathogens, conducted by an instructor trained and sufficiently knowledgeable to teach this OSHA course.
- Applicants must complete & provide proof of completion of a course on Skin Diseases, Disorders, and Conditions (Including Diabetes)
- Body artists must present evidence of at least one year of apprenticeship.
- Apprentices must register with the BOH when beginning the apprenticeship
- 1 year of experience (outside of the commonwealth) with no history of their artistry causing short or long term health problems.