Ref. Section 155-129
*Lexington Body Art Application not posted online. Please contact the Lexington Board of Health on where to find Body Art Application*
Lexington Board of Health: 781-862-0500
- Bloodborne pathogen training program (or equivalent) which includes infectious disease control; waste disposal; handwashing techniques; sterilization equipment operation and methods; and sanitization, disinfection and sterilization methods and techniques;
- First Aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). (Applicant must show a dated certificate of completion of a course in First Aid/CPR, which demonstrates the required course was completed in the last two (2) years).
- Examples of courses approved by the Board include “Preventing Disease Transmission” (American Red Cross) and “Bloodborne Pathogen Training” (U.S. OSHA).
- Training/courses provided by professional body art organizations or associations or by equipment manufacturers may also be submitted to the Board for approval.
- The applicant for a body art practitioner permit shall provide documentation, acceptable to the Board, that she/he has completed an Anatomy and Physiology course with a grade of C or better at a college accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, or comparable accrediting entity. This course must include instruction on the system of the integumentary system (skin). An equivalent combination of training and experience may be deemed acceptable to the Board, in lieu of a course on Anatomy and Physiology.