Minimal Training Requirements:
- Current certification in American Red Cross Basic First Aid or its equivalent and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation.
- Successful completion of a course on Prevention of Disease Transmission and Blood Borne Pathogens taught by an instructor trained and sufficiently knowledgeable to teach this OSHA course.
- The applicant for a tattoo, branding or scarification practitioner permit shall provide documentation, acceptable to the Board, that she/he has completed an Anatomy and Physiology course with a grade of C or better at a college accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, or comparable accrediting entity. This course must include instruction on the system of the integumentary system (skin). An equivalent combination of training and experience may be deemed acceptable to the Board, in lieu of a course on Anatomy and Physiology.
- The applicant for all practitioners shall submit evidence satisfactory to the Board of at least 2 years actual experience in the practice of performing body art activities of the kind for which the applicant seeks a body art practitioner permit to perform, whether such experience was obtained within or outside of the Commonwealth.
- Evidence of a completed apprenticeship program as approved by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or the Department, with instruction in the kind of Body Art for which the applicant seeks a Body Art Practitioner License to perform.