(Requirements listed on application)
- Bloodborne pathogen training program (or equivalent) which includes infectious disease control; waste disposal; handwashing techniques; sterilization equipment operation and methods; and sanitization, disinfection and sterilization methods and techniques;
- First Aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). (Applicant must show a dated certificate of completion of a course in First Aid/CPR, which demonstrates the required course was completed in the last two (2) years).
- Examples of courses approved by the Board include “Preventing Disease Transmission” (American Red Cross) and “Bloodborne Pathogen Training” (U.S. OSHA).
- Training/courses provided by professional body art organizations or associations or by equipment manufacturers may also be submitted to the Board for approval.
- Completed an Anatomy and Physiology course. This course must include instruction on the system of the integumentary system (skin).
- Course completion on Skin Diseases, Disorders, And Conditions (Including Diabetes)
- Body Art Practitioner Training (Certificate from 100 Hour AAM Fundamentals Course)
- Evidence of at least 2 years actual experience in the practice of performing Body Art activities of the kind of which the applicant seeks a License to perform. Experience may be obtained within or outside the Commonwealth.
- If the applicant does not have at least 2 years actual experience, a 2 Year Apprenticeship IS REQUIRED.