- Training or Experience (Certificates or Apprenticeships)
- Bloodborne pathogen training program (or equivalent) which includes infectious disease control; waste disposal; handwashing techniques; sterilization equipment operation and methods; and sanitization, disinfection and sterilization methods and techniques;
- First Aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). (Applicant must show a dated certificate of completion of a course in First Aid/CPR, which demonstrates the required course was completed in the last two (2) years).
- Examples of courses approved by the Board include “Preventing Disease Transmission” (American Red Cross) and “Bloodborne Pathogen Training” (U.S. OSHA).
- Training/courses provided by professional body art organizations or associations or by equipment manufacturers may also be submitted to the Board for approval.
- The applicant shall provide documentation of attendance and examination, on the following subjects:
- Skin diseases, disorders and conditions (including diabetes)
- Infectious disease control, including waste disposal, handwashing techniques, sterilization equipment operation and methods. Sanitization/disinfection/sterilization methods and techniques.