To achieve the most beautifully natural brows for your face, you will get the absolute best results by prepping for the appointment and following the after care. The eyebrow area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive, and non-irritated.
HERE’S HOW TO GET YOUR SKIN READY FOR THE PROCEDURE:
Post treatment care makes 50% of the total treatment success. Conscientiously adhere to the given advice because if not, you can risk losing up to 80% of the drawn strokes.
At the end of your session, we will provide you with an after care product that you need for the healing process.
- Brows: On day 1, blot your eyebrows with a clean moist tissue or paper towel every 2-3 hours.
- When you leave your appointment, you’ll have on a layer of ointment.
- On day two and for the next 5 days, you’ll wash very gently with a gentle, unscented soap (Dial unscented hand soap or baby soap works just fine), pat dry with a clean paper towel, and apply a very thin layer of ointment, TWICE A DAY. As far as how much is too much: the size of one grain of rice is enough to coat both brows.
- During these 5 days, avoid the following: touching/picking/itching, skincare or makeup within 1″ of the brows, steam, excessive sweating, tanning beds/booths.
- Expect your brows to darken on days 2-4, then begin to fade. This is normal, as is mild peeling/scabbing. In the event of peeling or scabbing, do not pick or scratch!
- After day 14, your brows will still be healing and may fade completely and “reappear” at any point up to the 6 week mark.
- At this point, you’ll get your touch-up and repeat the same aftercare process. If you have any concerns, do not attempt to alter your own brows, please just reach out to me! In the long run, the following things will fade your brows prematurely: sun exposure without SPF, retinol/acids within 1″ of the area, and any skincare products meant to brighten or resurface within 1″ of the area.
- Do not apply makeup with 1 inch of your brows for 5 days. If you’ve had eyeliner, do not apply makeup for 8 days after procedure.
- Avoid sleeping on the treated area. Try to sleep on the back, not the side or on the face.
- Absolutely no cleansing crèmes or chemicals on the treated area.
- Absolutely no scrubbing. Do not pick at the epithelial crust; allow it to flake off on its own.
- Do not soak treated area in bath, swimming pool or hot tub. Do not swim in fresh, salt or chlorinated pool water for at least 5 days.
- Do not expose the treated area to full pressure of the water in the shower for at least 5 days.
- Do not touch the treated area without first washing your hands.
- Do not expose the treated area to a room with a lot of debris, smoke or steam.
- Thicker eyeliner and all full lip color will require more than one session, 2 at minimum.
- Colors appear brighter and more sharply defined immediately following the procedure. As the healing progresses color will soften. This will take approximately 5-10 days.
- After the skin is healing the top color flakes off, your permanent make up will appear spot like and uneven as your skin does not shed the color evenly and all at once. The color may also appear to be “gone” as you go through the frosting stage. Do not worry color will reappear after your skin is completely healed, which can take up to 5-7 weeks.
- It is normal to lose up to 50% of the color in the initial procedure.
- If a touch up is required an appointment cannot be scheduled sooner than 4 weeks after the procedure.