To achieve the most beautifully natural brows for your face, you will get the absolute best results by prepping for the appointment and following the after care. The eyebrow area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive, and non-irritated.
HERE’S HOW TO GET YOUR SKIN READY FOR THE PROCEDURE:
BROW AFTER CARE
Post treatment care makes 50% of the total treatment success. Conscientiously adhere to the given advice because if not, you can risk losing up to 80% of the drawn strokes.
At the end of your session, we will provide you with an after care product that you need for the healing process.
Post Procedure Instructions
Following Cosmetic Tattoo Procedure:
- Brows: Do not to touch the treated area without first washing your hands. On day 1, dab your eyebrows with a clean moist tissue or paper towel every 2-3 hours.
- On day 2, clean the brows once in the morning and once in the evening with a clean moist tissue or paper towel and apply a small amount of ointment.
- On days 3 to 5, you’ll wash very gently with a gentle, unscented soap (for example, Dial unscented hand soap or baby soap), pat dry with a clean paper towel, and apply a very thin layer of ointment/aquaphor, TWICE A DAY.
- OINTMENT AMOUNT: Use the size of one grain of rice to coat each brow. Please do not apply excessive ointment.
- During these 5 days, avoid the following: touching/picking/itching, skincare or makeup within 1″ of the brows, steam, excessive sweating, tanning beds/booths. Expect your brows to darken on days 3-4, then begin to peel and fade. This is normal, as is peeling/scabbing. In the event of peeling or scabbing, do not pick or scratch!
- Your brows will appear to fade completely – this is normal.
- Your brows will “disappear” and “reappear” at any point up to the 6 week mark. At this point, you’ll get your touch-up and repeat the same aftercare process.
- In the long run, the following things will fade your brows prematurely: sun exposure without SPF, retinol/acids within 1″ of the area, and any skincare products meant to brighten or resurface within 1″ of the area.
- Do not apply makeup with 1 inch of your brows for the first 5 days. If you’ve had eyeliner, do not apply makeup for 7 days after procedure. For brows, after 8 full days post procedure you can apply makeup to the brows if needed.
- Avoid sleeping on the treated area. Try to sleep on the back, not the side or on the face.
- Absolutely no scrubbing. Do not pick at the epithelial crust; allow it to flake off on its own.
- Do not soak treated area in bath, swimming pool or hot tub. Do not swim in fresh, salt or chlorinated pool water for at least 5 days.
- Do not expose treated area to full pressure of the water in the shower for at least 5 days.
- Do not expose the treated area to a room with a lot of debris, smoke or steam.
- Thicker eyeliner and all full lip color will require more than one session.
- Colors appear brighter and more sharply defined immediately following the procedure. As the healing progresses color will soften. This will take approximately 5-10 days.
- After the skin is healing the top color flakes off, your permanent make up will appear spot like and uneven as your skin does not shed the color evenly and all at once. The color may also appear to be “gone” as you go through the frosting stage. Do not worry color will reappear after your skin is completely healed, which can take up to 5-10 weeks.
- It is normal to lose up to 50% of the color in the initial procedure.
- If a touch up is required an appointment cannot be scheduled sooner than 5 weeks after the procedure.
- Touch ups scheduled later than 10 weeks after the initial procedure are considered a boost for an additional charge.
Failure to follow post-treatment instructions may cause loss of pigment discoloration or infection.
LIP AND EYELINER AFTER CARE
Post treatment care makes 50% of the total treatment success. Conscientiously adhere to the given advice because if not, you can risk losing up your pigment.
Post Procedure Instructions
Lips – moisturize the lips with aquaphor several times a day for 5 days. Keep them moist. Lips will begin to peel and flake. Lips takes 4 – 6 weeks to show the full healed results. Lips require 2 – 3 sessions depending on the case.
- Eyeliner – do not apply any product to your eyeliner after the treatment. Allow it to peel and flake naturally. Full healed results show 4 – 6 weeks later. Eyeliner requires 2 – 3 sessions depending on the case.